Monday, March 4, 2013

Good Times with President Amaya


Family and Friends,

First of all I want to apologize to all for being prideful the other week and mentioning specific numbers about the missionary work here. The Spirit chastened me this week that I need to be more humble and not share that kind of sacred information of God's children. Even though I was just trying to share how excited I was about our accomplishments as a zone it was wrong to say the numbers and I hope that any future missionaries out there reading this remember to always share spiritual experiences and fun events that have happened in the mission with your family in the emails but that its better not to mention numbers and always be careful of pride.

Anyway, we had a very good time with President Amaya Tuesday night when he came up to Portoviejo and we went to Ben's Burger Joint together :) Good stuff. When we got there they told us that there is a burger eating contest in which you get a free burger if you can eat it in less than 20 minutes. My good buddy Elder Rios and I were brave enough to accept the challenge. It was pretty intense and lots of fun everyone there was rooting us on and having a good time about it. We both finished just in time literally seconds before the 20 minutes was up and everybody cheered and went crazy. Hahaha I'm sure everyone there was thinking how crazy these Mormons are haha but it was a great experience and definitely something I'll remember all my life most of all because I saw a side of President Amaya that I had never seen before and it was good to get to know him on that level. Also he shared with us all while we were there eating some really cool experiences he has had as a Mission President and it really strengthened my testimony that this work is all directed by God :) It's the most important work in the whole world and I'm so blessed and so happy to be a part of it! Love you all very much and I promise you that if you involve yourselves more actively in this work you too will be more happy and more blessed for it! The little things make a big difference.

Love,
Elder Remington











No comments:

Post a Comment