Monday, September 17, 2012

New Companion :) New Experiences Awaiting


Family and Friends,

Elder Dzul and Elder Remington
Today we had transfers and my new companion is Elder Dzul from Yucatan, Mexico :) he's very happy and upbeat and I have a feeling we're going to get along just great! I'll miss Elder Garcia because I really enjoyed my time with him and learned a lot from him but such is the life of a missionary constant changes and new experiences :) Something that Elder Garcia always told me and already in the first day Elder Dzul has told me is .. ¨relax¨ haha several of my companions  have said that I work really hard and am always thinking about ways to improve which is great but that I sometimes am a little too intense and need to slow down a bit... they're right. I care so much about my investigators and want to be the best missionary I can be so much and I want so badly to serve the Lord 100% with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength... that often times I let myself get worked up and need to just take it easy. I'm sure many of you who know me well have seen that tendency to go overboard with things haha its a weakness of mine but I'm getting much better at being moderate in all things.I think that its definitely better to be too focused on your mission then not focused enough, but there is balance in all things and I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn to relax sometimes :) I think Elder Dzul and I are going to be great helping each other find a good balance.

In our companionship we always strived to be obedient with exactness and it paid off big time. When I arrived here, Albonor hadn't had a single baptism in over 2 months and now in just a month we've had four baptisms with lots more on the way :) also before there wasn't very much support from the members. We never lectured or harassed the members but we just served them, sincerely thanked them for the help they did give, and loved them. Genuine kindness really works miracles. We became their friends and we've had a  LOT of support and love from them now. Many of the members have made comments like wow these missionaries are great we're really blessed to now have missionaries that are working hard and are doing a good job here. This area has had a drastic transformation for the better and it isn't thanks to me.. all the credit goes to the Lord (Alma 26:12). We're just the instruments in the Lord's hands. We were just obedient and worked as hard as we could and then it was Him that blessed us with success :) in D&C 130:20-21 and D&C 82:10 we learn that when we're obedient we have the promise that the Lord will always bless us :) be obedient and you will be happy.

There's no such thing as a little thing when it comes to obedience :)

Love, 
Elder Remington 

No comments:

Post a Comment